The Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts (PICA) is one of Australia’s leading centres for the development and presentation of contemporary art. Its mission is to create career-defining moments for artists, life changing experiences for audiences and critical turning points in the advancement of art forms.
CASUAL TECHNICIANS AND INSTALL STAFF
PICA currently have various opportunities for casual technicians and install staff to work in our performance and gallery spaces.
If you have experience and/or qualifications in these areas, and would like to join the pool of casual staff throughout the year, please see details in the Expression of Interest pack below.
To submit your interest in joining the talent pool of PICA staff for casual work throughout 2018 send an email to Caris Harper on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items:
- Your CV
- The areas you are interested working in
- Your existing commitments/general availability throughout 2018
Submissions will be accepted throughout the year and due to the high number of submissions PICA receives, only successful applicants will be contacted.
PICA INTERN PROGRAM
PICA’s Intern Program launches in 2018 to offer the exceptional opportunity for individuals to gain entry-level experience working in contemporary arts. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside, and be mentored by the PICA team – and some of Australia’s most exciting arts leaders – while assisting with the delivery of major projects.
PICA will appoint Interns for 3 or 6 month durations, in key areas across the organisation. Please see Intern applicant packs for each area:
- Curation (PICA Intern Program – Curatorial Intern)
- Producing (performance and multi-disciplinary work) (PICA Intern Program – Producing Intern)
- Development and Philanthropy (PICA Intern Program – Development Intern)
- Marketing (PICA Intern Program – Marketing Intern)
- Exhibitions (PICA Intern Program – Exhibitions Intern)
To submit your interest in Interning at PICA, send you application to Jenn Garland on email@example.com with the following items:
- Your CV
- A statement outlining why you are interested in the intern program at PICA (no more than 300 words)
- Your daily availability (Mon-Fri)
Submissions for intern opportunities March – June will be accepted until 30 April 2018.
Submissions for July – December will open in early June.
Due to the high number of submissions PICA receives, only successful applicants will be contacted.