KISS club is a performance event for ideas in development, featuring emerging and established artists across live and experimental arts practice. Created by Sydney based artist Karen Therese, KISS club has been presented by tactical media group pvi collective since 2010, evolving into a partnership with PICA in 2017.
In 2021, KISS club continues as a collaboration between PICA and pvi collective. Selected artists will present 10 minutes of an idea in progress to an audience, providing a chance to trial new ideas and receive feedback in a generous and supportive environment.
This year will see the five selected artists play with themes of hyper-masculinity, empathy in the community, ecological grief, DNA sculpting, and gamified sexism.
KISS club celebrates work in progress, giving audiences a fresh insight into what is bubbling in the hearts and minds of Perth’s experimental performance makers, and the opportunity to help shape and support new work. A hit with audiences, this fast and furious performance night sells out every year.
This year’s KISS club stars:
- E.M.P.A.T.H.Y Training by Matt Aitken & Pip Lewi
- FEAS Wheel of (mis)Fortune by #FEAS (Feminist Educators Against Sexism): Jo Pollitt, Mindy Blaise, Emily Gray & Emma Fishwick
- I hope my love never finds you by Hey! Precious (Michelle Aitken with Andrew Sutherland and Jess Nyanda Moyle).
- Loose by Chloe Nolan & Chandler Abrahams
- Biosecurity Penetration Test by Callum Siegmund