Astro Morphs’ productions and art works are inspired by biology. Have fun creating your own mask, while exploring the different structures and functions of different species eyes.
You will need
- A cardboard coffee cup holder
- Ping pong ball or, milk bottle lids or, any other round recyclable product
- internet access
- Paint cardboard coffee cup holder.
- Do a search and investigate different animal pupils and choose one for your mask.
- Paint or draw a pupil of your choice onto a ping-pong ball/milk bottle lid or any other round object of your choice. These will be the eyeballs of your mask.
- Glue your homemade eyeballs onto the painted cardboard coffee cup holder.
- Attach elastic or string to the side of the mask so you can wear it.
- Use the mask to perform in!
Consider the pupils you chose for your mask:
- How do different animal pupils differ?
- How does pupil structure affect their function?
- What environment does the animal you chose live in?
- How do their unique eyes help them in their environment?
Mask examples and alternatives