Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be Eligible, applicants must be:
- Prepared to premiere the new work at NWF 2018 followed by a presentation in Perth at PICA in 2019
- Western Australian based artist or collective
- An emerging practitioner/s – this means you are within the first five years of your professional artistic career.
Submissions must meet the following Selection Criteria:
- Align with the artistic visions of Next Wave and PICA, particularly their focus on contemporary practice and experimental art forms
- Be clear and compelling rationale and vision for the project
- Consider the audience experience
- Demonstrate artistic merit and include strong support material
- Be viable, and include realistic and achievable budgets and timelines
The commissioned artist/collective is expected to:
- Actively seek funding for the development and presentation of their project (inc. travel and accommodation for both presentations if necessary)
- Manage their project (this includes stage managing and production managing if necessary)
- Actively publicise and market their project
- Continually develop their project in the lead up to Next Wave Festival 2018 and Reckless Acts 2019
- Present a showing to Next Wave and PICA staff at the conclusion of both development stages
- Attend regular meetings with Next Wave and PICA staff, including debriefs after each development stage
- Attend the Next Wave ‘all-in’ in Melbourne on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 September 2017. Next Wave will cover flights and accommodation within Australia for one representative of the project.
Submitting your Expression of Interest
To submit and EOI, download and complete the ONLINE FORM and submit with your supporting material via Recruiterbox.
EOI’s will be accepted until 11.59pm Monday August 7.
Make sure you have:
- Read all the information available on our website.
- Prepared your support material. Support material must be provided online. Direct us to your website, vimeo, flickr, soundcloud or blog. Up to three (3) URLs can be provided.
- Prepared your CV. When filling in the online form, be prepared to upload a Curriculum Vitae. Point-form is encouraged and include only what is relevant to your application (max. 1 page per group member; max. 4 pages in total).
- Etched the dates of the Next Wave ‘all-in’ into your diary. It is a condition of acceptance into the Festival that you attend this 2-day intensive on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 September 2017.
- Etched the dates of the Festival into your diary. Next Wave Festival will take place in May 2018.
- Etched the dates of Reckless Acts into your diary. Reckless Acts will take place in January 2019.
Support material can include:
- images (up to 20)
- video footage (up to 10 min)
- audio (up to 10 min)
- text-based material (up to 1,000 words)
Applicants will be notified of the final outcome in late August 2017.