Expressions of interest are now open for performers to be a part of blackmarket, a new work by Perth-based tactical media group pvi collective presented by Perth International Arts Festival, in association with City of Subiaco and Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts.
pvi collective are looking for people who are:
• Responsive, playful, and brave
• Able to enjoy being outdoors on their feet for three hours a night
• Confident with mobile phone technology
• Willing to take creative risks
• Intuitive to their audience’s needs and agile enough to meet them
• Able to work responsibly and confidently though different situations (i.e.being approached by a member of the public, dealing with a problematic audience member).
How to apply:
Please send your CV and/or a showreel or video documentation of a recent performance work and a cover letter addressing the following questions:
• Unfortunately in pvi’s blackmarket, your artistic skills won’t be needed. In one sentence, what other services can you provide the blackmarket economy?
• Why do you want to be involved in this world of post-economic collapse, what will you learn?
• If you had to bring five-items into blackmarket to ensure your survival what would those items be, and why?
To firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 15 December, 11:59pm.
Photo: James Brown