Two six-month studio residencies are available to Perth-based artists to dedicate time to developing and consolidating a long-term project. Our Hyper Local residencies are for artists with a committed studio practice and the motivation to work independently over the course of their residency. While at PICA, residency artists join a creative cohort that share in studio visits, artist talks and Open Studio events.
Through PICA’s Studio Program, artists are provided with:
- Exclusive use of a private, accessible studio at PICA with daily access from 7am–10pm
- Use of PICA’s shared areas and equipment (as available)
- Curatorial, production and logistical support from PICA staff
- Facilitated connections with local artists, organisations and communities for research and community engagement
- Critical and supportive feedback from audiences through the presentation of works-in-progress at an Open Studio event (for residencies longer than four weeks)